Sunday, March 7, 2010

Intermission...



Well… as you can see, the garden grew… and grew… and… got too big. Hey, it was an experiment, and I make no apologies, because I learned a lot. I’d say the foremost lesson was about plant type: Lettuce and Alpine Strawberries aren’t great neighbors – strawberries need more potassium when fruiting time comes around, lettuce needs that nitrogen high for producing lush leaves. And you don’t want the tops of your Scotch Bonnets brushing a 430W bulb. Anyway, lesson learned.

I emptied the system, unplugged everything, and waited for inspiration. It was a long winter. Meanwhile, I came up with some new ideas; one could say they’re slightly larger in scope.


1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! Cant wait to plant my strawberry patch. Will send you pics after I plant them. Then we can see the hydro version & the plain ol dirt version!

    ReplyDelete